Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cool Coincidence! (Nerdy Numbers)

Nerdy numbers running stuff that is really cool to me:

I ran 3.2 easy miles last night and 6.18 easy miles tonight. Different routes. Different hills.

The cool thing is that per Garmin, I had the same EXACT average heart rate in both workouts, and the same EXACT max heart rate in both. That isn't something you can just make happen. I then noticed I had a very similar easy run (stat wise) in May!

Also, all three runs were in a pace average of within 8 seconds of each other.

And, as slow as they all felt, they were all faster than every race (including Shamrock) through May of this year.

I am trying a LONG run on Saturday to see what happens.

Here is a snippet of my Garmin stats page.


By the way - today's run? A-MAZ-ING!!! It was my favorite run of the year. I had runners highs on and off throughout all of it. Even towards the end. The weather was PERFECT! Blue skies, puffy white clouds and a cool breeze. Wildflowers were everywhere. This was a run that was supposed to be "2 to 3 miles" but I just kept on going. I wish I had planned better and had packed more fluids. Going long on Saturday after all the graduation guests leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment