Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another 2014 Goal Accomplished!

Even at my fittest (fall 2012) when I weighed 158-163 and ran 13.1 miles, I was only able to run a NON-STOP mile under 10 minutes ONCE (that was September 2012).

One of my goals for this year was to do that again, so I was very surprised when I was able to do it so soon, since I weigh 19 more pounds than I did then!

It showed in my heart rate though.

Sep 2012 sub-10 mile heart rate:  162 average and 172 MAX
Jan 2014 sub-10 mile heart rate:   165 average and 181 MAX

I really REALLY need to lose the 19 pounds I gained but have been struggling with diet while home with the husband all day. If I don't eat what he eats, I am literally making two different meals per meal. It gets old cooking two different meals at a time, two or three times a day.  It is tedious, plus I was raised you only make ONE meal per meal, and if you don't eat it, you don't eat.

I need to run more - indulge less - and just take the time to cook twice at each meal.


The ELEVATION chart for this run: FOUR laps, each with an 18 foot incline/hill.



My CADENCE chart for this run: I am VERY PROUD of how I went from a low number of steps per minute (yellow), to higher (green) to highest (blue). GREAT REVERSE NEGATIVE WORK FOR ME!! WOOHOO!!


My SPLITS: Not exactly the desired order of things with the first two - although the last two were SPLIT NEGATIVES. YAY!!


The Details of the run:


Updated my GOALS page to say I hope to run TWO miles non-stop under a 10:00 pace. It can happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment