Today: I ran 11 miles, outdoors. In 2 hours 10 minutes and 06 seconds. In the humidity.
I had planned on just ten, but had a little boost at 9 miles from some Shot Bloks I ate so when I hit ten miles, I kept going. However, at around 10.5 miles my hamstrings, right knee, and calves began giving me grief. I used the mantra from this poster to keep going, knowing that if the pain ever became enough to alter my gait (not just slow it) I would stop. Luckily, the pain didn't get to that point and I was able to finish the full eleven miles. YAY!!!
At the end of the run, all I wanted to do was rip off the CEP compression calve sleeves and pull the compression short cuffs down below my knee. It felt so good doing that. I loved the support I got during the run, and my IT band didn't hurt during the run, but I do suspect my sleeves are too small. I was on the middle in sizing and my compression socks are a size larger. I will try them instead next time.
Random thoughts while running:
- I wonder if I will get in trouble if I run down that private industry alley and take a photo of that switching engine sitting on the tracks.
- I should have clipped my toenails.
- Why am I running with a headache? Couldn't this have waited another day?
- I love iHeart radio CLASSIC ROCK station
- Do people in these condos hate all us runners passing their windows?
- YAY! Bathroom!
- Why is that man sitting in his car parked in front of the women's bathroom?
- I hate out-and-back repeats - this is my 4th time on this ugly section of trail.
- I love out-and-back repeats - I get to see the jetty view twice!
- I need more hills. (YES!!! I actually thought that!!!!)
- YAY!! Another open bathroom!
- Did I shave my legs last night?
Here are a few shots from my run today.
Ran along this stretch of sand for quite a while.
The water was very low today.
The jetty! My favorite part of this trail.
I stopped here to take the gravel and rocks out of my shoes.
I always liked this part of the trail.
This is me at the 11th mile back at Marine Park ;)
Total RUNNING Time (less bathroom and shoe rock emptying stops): 2 hours 10 minutes and 06 seconds.
Average RUNNING pace: 11:50 minutes per mile
Average pace including four bathroom stops and one shoe rock/stop: 13:00 minutes per mile
Weather: started at 64 degrees and 83 % humid (SWAMP!!) and ended at 73 degrees and 48% humid
Average HR: 160
Max HR: 170
Average cadence: 160
Max cadence: 170