Thursday, August 25, 2011

15 minute run - It's a start

I ran 15 minutes without stopping.

I had planned on 20 minutes today, but that isn't realistic with as little time running time as I have gotten during my first two weeks. It has been very difficult finding alone time to run (without an audience) only every couple of days. Tonight (Thursday) was my first run since Sunday. I am hoping to start some form of normalcy this coming week since George's vacation ended today and the in-laws should be leaving town soon.

The good news is I didn't get real sweaty until the 10 minute mark and tonight I had been running harder and stronger than before thanks to the sadly chosen songs I picked for tonight's workout. Hard, fast driving beats. I HAD to run hard and fast with that going on. Ya know? Unfortunately, it proved too much and I went to a light jog/shuffle at 13 minutes and started speed walking to cool down at 15 minutes.

Tonight's Songlist:
  • Liquid - Jars Of Clay
  • Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
  • Steppin Out - Jackson Browne
  • Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down


GOALS FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS:

SATURDAY: Run a more realistic pace, on a track, for 5 laps non-stop (must pick better music for that so I don't get worn out too early)

TUESDAY: Run on the treadmill for 17 minutes non-stop

THURSDAY: Run on the treadmill for 18 minutes non-stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment