Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"If I don't do it today, I won't be stronger tomorrow"

After a full 9.5 hours of the office, I just didn't feel like going to the track. I just wanted to go home and put my feet up. But, I kept telling myself: "If I don't do it today, I won't be stronger tomorrow" and with a 5K coming up in December, I need to get stronger every chance I can!!!!

Air temp: 65 degrees (2 degrees cooler than Sunday's run!)
Humidity: 63% humid (22% less than Sunday's run!)

When I got to the track area there was a lot of young people. It is after all, at a High School. There was the football team practicing, some cheerleaders, soccer players nearby and a few students in the bleachers.

I took off at a slow pace and felt good until the back stretch - there was wind blowing right into my face. Kind of hard to breathe with THAT going on while gasping for breath jogging.

I wanted to quit just after the second lap but there was so many people around that I didn't want to be just some old plus-sized grandma that quits easily. I told myself to do at least 3 of the 4 laps I had hoped to run. That was after all, one lap more than Sunday's run.

After the 3rd lap I saw I was being watched. Oh snap! Can't stop with just three. Gotta give it ALL I have. Gotta hit my goal. I CAN DO IT. Then I got to the back stretch - "Oh lay me down and give me a stretcher!" I had to think of something motivating and I remembered how I used to feel and look as a runner in comparison to now and that got me over the mile line.

I did it. I made a full four laps without stopping a single time.

I was so proud!!!!!!!

Time? Well, an embarrassing 12:06 but that can ONLY get better. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment