Thursday, September 1, 2011

Another Goal Met - And Then Some!

Last week - I set my goal for today to be an 18 minute treadmill run...without stopping. So today after work I cranked the stereo/surround sound with a random mix, and set off to run 18 minutes.

At 15 minutes things started to get really tough but for reasons other than fatigue:

  • Sweat began running down onto my eyeglasses and into my eyes but my towel was not within reach (and I did NOT want to stop!).
  • The little window cooler was set on the lowest setting and the vent was aimed away from me.
  • The song that came on for my last minutes was "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson... draggy... HARD to run strong in the last stretch with a song that makes you want to swing in a hammock sipping a fruity drink

Still, I kept remembering: If I don't do it today, I won't be stronger tomorrow.

Then at 18 minutes I remembered what Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper of Biggest Loser always say - "You can do ANYTHING for a minute".

I ran not 18, but 20 minutes without stop. I needed that. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment