Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just Doing It

Woke up to a cold, damp gray morning and had no desire to run. Nada. Zip. But my dilemma was I only have so many hours a week alone to do this without an audience or distractions around me. That is why I don't run on Saturdays. NO TIME ALONE. And I only get maybe 2 or 3 hours alone on Sunday.

So, I made myself get up early. Go down a glass of juice, que some music and just do it.

Did I choose to do one of my longer or more difficult workouts? Nope. It was just 25 minutes of alternating (fast and furious almost makes you lose your balance) sprints every other minute.

Was it easy? Nope. I hurt. All over. Hip flexors, feet, even my shoulders and upper back (from arm swinging). Hurt hurt hurt. I sweat. All over. I wanted nothing more than to quit and go sit and vegetate on the couch.

But did I finish? YES! I did. NOW I can go sit and watch football.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I use HIIT when I don't have time for long runs as well. I'm all about getting the most bang for my buck.

    ReplyDelete