Sunday, September 4, 2011

Too Hot


I had a trainer today - Jillian Michaels.

That is because last night was photo processing time after George and Shelby left so I didn't get my run in and then when I woke up today I wasn't feeling so great. Sneezing, sore throat and sinus pain. Great. Allergies! Then I noticed that it was pretty warm out.

It is already 80 degrees out at 11am. Highs at five today expected to reach 92. Is this the hottest day of 2011 for us? Normally that isn't a high temp for me, but pick up a 25 pound sack of dog food and go try running a mile in that weather.

I decided to work inside instead and plugged my long neglected Jillian Michael's I-Fit POWERWALK workout card into my Nordictrak treadmill.

I can't say enough good things about this set-up other than it is purely a love-hate relationship.

25 minutes of Jillian Michael's Power Walk at 5% to 7% inclines at a speed of 3 to 3.2mph may not sound rough but don't let that fool you. I was breathing harder and sweating more profusely than I do when I jog around the track. I can't tell you how happy I was when it was over. I didn't remember this as a cardio workout but it was.

Looking forward to cooler temps but it doesn't appear that will be anytime this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment