Monday, October 3, 2011

60 minute run NON-STOP

WOW! What happened? I was planning on making myself stick it out for 45 minutes and it was a miserable first 10 minutes that didn't get much easier as I warmed up. In fact, my right shoulder started throbbing at 15 minutes.

Still, I was determined to just make it to 45.

Struggling, I made it less than gracefully through 43 minutes. Then a song came on. But not just any song. I was going to play a friends playlist tonight but decided to go with the highest octane list I could find instead and save his for Wednesday's workout. So knowing tonight was a rough one, I chose an 80's playlist some stranger made and right at 43 minutes came - "She's a Maniac" from Flashdance. And oh my! POWER-SURGE! Adrenaline rush. Runner's High!! WOOHOO!! Fist pumping even.

It didn't get hard again until the 56:30 minutes and it hit fast and it hit heavy. But by then, I was committed. I mean, you don't just run 56:30 and stop when 60 minutes is just 3.5 minutes away, do you??

HECK NO!!!!

So I did it. And guess what. Girls sweat. They really do. And old fluffy women carrying an extra 25 pounds AND enduring hot flashes do, too. But, that is okay. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment