Monday, October 10, 2011

Blaming it on Ricky Martin

Today is my 'long run' day so I was determined to do 45 minutes. I felt strong at first and felt like I could have gone faster but knowing it was early, decided to stay the pace. At 45 minutes I was going to stop except I felt 'okay' and a good song came on - Ricky Martin's "Ole Ole Ole".

"Now is the time, don't ever stop
Push it along, gotta be strong
Push it along, right to the top
The feeling in your soul is gonna take control
Nothing can hold you back if you really want it!"

Well, I wanted it. I was singing at the top of my lungs, fist pumping and then the runners high kicked in FULL force at 57 minutes. Couldn't stop then at 60. Nope. Wasn't happening.

I was at 71 minutes when the music playlist ended. Somehow....that took away my mojo. I was exhausted. I hurt. I didn't want to stop then because that wasn't a number divisible by 5 (don't ask - I can't explain it) so I pushed through the last 4 minutes without music. Each ten seconds felt like an hour. But I did it.

Total run time NON-STOP = 75 minutes.

Music....is important.

Headphones aren't allowed at 5K's.

Utoh.

No comments:

Post a Comment