Monday, January 2, 2012

The Day After a Hard Run

I read a lot of conflicting information from 'experts' last night online. What am I supposed to do the day after a street pounding? Especially if that street pounding was a longer run than usual, and filled with a nasty incline that HURT?

Most agree that after a 'long' run or race, to make the following day a 'Rest Day'. Then comes the definitions of a 'rest' day.

  • No running. 
  • Light running. 
  • Run/walk combos.

THE HILL yesterday played havoc on my upper/inner legs and I feel stiffness there this morning. The last time I had any soreness there it didn't leave for weeks so, I don't want this tightness to become soreness! I did a little stretching.

Today I just did 30 minutes on the Treadmill. 25 minutes were of an iFit Power Walk incline workout (Jillian Michaels level 2) with a max speed of 3.3 and max incline of 7%. Easy enough, but I still got to sweat a bit.

Weight: 172.6 (a new low!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment