Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolutions


It's that time of the year again. First, I would like to point out that of all my fitness resolutions from last year I did accomplish one - completing a 5K.  I didn't get down to 169 pounds but up until Christmas, I did get down to within 4 pounds of that goal. I am proud of myself.

My fear for my resolutions is that I don't know enough yet, to insure I am setting practical ones. So, I will just throw them out there as they are.

1:  Cut my Race Pace from 12:49 to 10:59 or less.

2:  Complete the entire Get Fit Live Fit 20 week Running Course I committed to (without injury). I admit doing these twice a week coached workouts with faster more experienced runners, and doing them in the absolutely WORST weather of the year has me worried.

3:  Weigh 169 by Valentine's Day.

4:  Weigh 154 by July 4th.

5:  Lower my body fat percentage by 5% more by December 31, 2012.

6:  Run a 10K

7:  Lose enough inches in my hips that I can fit a Woman's Brooks Running jacket by 12/31/2012. 


If I happen to get to 145 pounds by the end of next year that would be an excellent surprise but at my age and with my battle with weight since menopause started this year, I am not optimistic about ever being back to my running weight from when I was much younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment